Replace Fuel Filter 2015 Duramax 3500 LTZ
- remove air tube. You’ll need a flat blade screw driver
Next remove passenger side inner fender well. T15 screws. Once removed you can access the filter as seen in the pic.
- unplug wiring
- loosen bleeder screw on the top of the filter housing (flat blade)
- Drain filter by loosening bottom plastic nut at bottom of filter.
- collect with a bottle or use some 3/8 fuel line.
- unscrew with filter wrench and remove.
Remove bottom drain assembly from old filter, clean and replace o-ring. Install on new filter. (Don’t forget your lube the new O-ring)
Don’t over tighten, this shit is plastic.
Install new o-ring on new filter and fill 3/4 full with clean Diesel.
Next install new filter and tighten as you would an oil filter.
Once installed you need to prime the filter. I didn’t get a pic but it’s very simple. The bleeder screw should still be loose. Push the priming pump ( the very top of the filter housing) until fuel comes out the threads. Then tighten the screw a bit more and push the prime once more. Tighten the bleeder screw, clean up the fuel and reinstall the air tube.
Start the truck, check for leaks and reset your filter life on the dash.