2017 gmc duramax engine air filter
Quick and easy service.
- 8mm socket
1. Pop hood
2. Disconnect mass air flow sensor first pulling back on the red lock tab
Pinch the black button in the center of the connector and disconnect
3. Undo the two 8mm screws holding the lid of the airbox together and the hose clamp to the intake piping
4. Lift the air box half up, pull it out of intake piping and tuck off to the side, it will still be attached by wire tie towns but that gives you enough room to access the filter
5. Inspect filter for dirt/dust they should be pretty clean if it looks like this... replace it
6. Install the new filter, put the lid of the air box back in place, theres acouple small plastic hooks on the bottom side that has small cut outs they slide into
7. Slide your intake piping back over the air box, install your 2 8mm screws, tighten the hose clamp and plug your sensor back in and your done!
Dont forget to plug the sensor back in before firing up your engine, not having the sensor plugged in will give you a check engine light!