Door pillar trim removal for a 2008+ Dodge Grand Caravan
Hey there! Welcome to the first guide I'm creating. Today, we will be removing the b pillar trim piece from the door of a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Where I work, we get a lot of people coming in because their piece has broken off, and I wanted to show you all how to remove and install the trim piece.
- Step number one would be opening the door and looking inside for the phillips or t20 torx screw holding the lower part of the trim piece to the door. There are 2 screws, but you will only need to remove the upper screw.
- After removing the screw, the bottom of the trim panel should be relatively loose. Do NOT pull it off. There is double sided tape holding the plastic to the door, AS WELL AS sliding tabs. You should take a thin screwdriver or in my case, a fillet knife I found and run it along the side closest to the front of the car, between the plastic and the metal part of the door. In the photo, the knife is on the wrong side.
- After slicing through the double sided tape, grab the bottom of the panel and push it up. It should move towards the sky about an inch or two, and then you can remove the panel. It has tabs that slide into a section of the door, hence why you can't just pry it off like most trim pieces.
- As you can see in the photo, there is double sided tape on the edge closest to the glass (or the front of the car) and some tape around the 3 slider tabs of this trim piece.
- You can see how the trim piece slides into these holes, and locks into place by pushing down. Installation is the reversal of removal, including applying new tape to the plastic piece.